Wednesday, April 13

Spicy Roasted Eggplant and shrimp served over pasta with an alfredo sauce accent!

Inspired by some delicious spicy roasted eggplant salad bought for me by my grandparents (Thank you!), I made a dinner out of it.  Off the label I got the ingredients in order:
Eggplant, bell pepper, cilantro, sesame seed oil, olive oil, peanut butter, spicy mustard, rice vinegar, ginger, water, red chili pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. I also added in some detailed small shrimps and extra red chili pepper flakes!

I just eyeballed everything a little less than the item before it since the ingredients are listed in order of concentration. I also boiled some whole wheat noodles and warmed up a fourth cup of alfredo sauce to split between two people. The eggplant salad cooks for 25 minutes at 425 degrees (F)

I was really nice to sit down and enjoy this dinner with Dearest Husband! We had it with some french bread and olive oil and vinegar, and a big salad. The left over eggplant mix was great the next day with some pita chips as a healthy snack!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!!! So excited to see you posting all sorts of life info =)

    ReplyDelete

Dearest Husband and I

Dearest Husband and I
an exciting begining for both of us!