Sunday, April 17

Facing Dread

Let’s face it, we all must face things we absolutely dread. When need a quick pick me up (or you don’t want others to know how much you are dreading it) I found these two tip always helps to make me feel better and in control of my emotions.
Trick #1: Sing really loud in the car while you’re driving alone to an upbeat song. It’s hard to be in a bad mood after a quick jam session of your favorite songs. You’ll find some energy and feel refreshed to face the situation, when you feel like an untouchable rock star! I have a burned mixed CD I keep in the car for just these moments. My best friend in high school made and it is so scratched all of the songs skip, but I still feel better!
Trick #2: If you’re the more serious type, or the situation you’re facing is just more serious at the moment, there is relief in the car also. Take a quick drive and notice the things around you in nature (or in the city lights) that are representative of the way you want to feel. If the situation feels like it will never end, remember the sun sets and starts anew each day. If you feel stuck in a rut, each highway has many exits that lead to different roads, only you can choose to exit off the highway! Use your naturalistic intelligence. It is a useful tool to use also when you are actually in the situation you are dreading or having anxiety over. When you start to feel panic picture in your mind the things you saw that represent they way you want to feel. You will be surprised how the dread dissipates and you feel refocused!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Husband and I

Dearest Husband and I
an exciting begining for both of us!