Wednesday, April 20

Donation Quilts

In an effort to cross more things off my list of unfinished projects, I started on my donation quilt. The guild I am in has a challenge this year to make patriotic quilts to donate to the local veteran’s home. I was so excited when my grandma passed me a box of fabric and that held so many red white and blue fabrics in it! I tried a pattern I had not yet attempted, the log cabin (free pattern). It was relatively easy but lots of short seams, ironing, and trimming. (one side on mine is way crooked!) It took me about 4 hours to assemble this quilt from precut 2 ½in strips. I would do this one again for a quick quilt! I only had to use the seam ripper twice :)

This one is an extra one I made to donate out of cheater fabric! It was even easier :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Husband and I

Dearest Husband and I
an exciting begining for both of us!