Sunday, May 29

Misconception

I walked into church this morning after missing the first two weeks of the series “Getting past your past” and thinking, “I am so glad I have already dealt with my mistakes and poor choices I have made in the past”. I was really hoping something would speak to Dearest Husband, but made an attempt to humble myself and prayed,” Lord, Open my ears to what you have for me this morning” We sat through almost the whole service and I felt like it was a great message, but I had not learned anything new. After all, I have been through two years of counseling as a part of my degree and have forgiven myself, released my guilt, and learned self confidence. I have lived by my own mantra: the choices and mistakes I made brought me to the place I am now, and I like who I am now!   

We start the scheduled ending prayerthen my ears exploded open,and it hit me like a TON of bricks! I am not who I am because of the mistakes and poor choices I made. If I was, I would still be making poor choices and on the same road. DUH…. human rationality is obsolete at times.

I am who I am because of God’s grace and forgiveness. There were people and events in my life that changed my plan, creatively placed by God and His perfect timing. I like who I am because I am who God says I am, not what I have done! Its so obvious now that I was willing to listen to it.
His love never fails: Worship song of the week,check out the video!
I'll pray for you: not so nice, but way funnier ;)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is amazing that we tend to think of obstacles like "getting past your past" in a checklist format?

    Deal with my mistakes, check.
    Forgive myself, check.

    And it's very humbling to realize we always have work to be doing, that seeking God and following his path isn't a series of checklists.

    Also, I love the way you've presented this misconception; I needed this message too.

    ReplyDelete

Dearest Husband and I

Dearest Husband and I
an exciting begining for both of us!